- • Many school buildings in Serbia are old, in need of rehabilitation and energetically inefficient.
- Municipalities do not have sufficient financial resources to invest in the rehabilitation of school buildings, so that often only the most urgent measures can be taken.
The aim of the programme is the energy-efficient re-habilitation of about 30 school buildings in order to reduce energy consumption by at least 20% and im-prove the learning and teaching environment in the schools covered by the programme. The investment measures will focus on building insulation (walls, roofs, windows, etc.). Old and inefficient heating systems will be replaced and efficient building ventilation solutions will be applied.
During project implementation, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia will be supported by an experienced consultant. The consultant will prepare, among other things, energy audits for buildings and will formulate clear and sustainable measures.
The project will
- increase the energy efficiency of school buildings covered by the project,
- improve studying and working conditions for around 15,000 pupils and 2,000 teachers,
- be implemented together with the technical assistance project Energy Efficiency n Buildings.